Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Craft tour of Ireland


As promised yesterday, here is my blog post on Mary's visit to Ireland through the group Craft Tours. Check out their website at www.crafttours.com.

Another one of the Woolies members took a Craft Tour trip to Bali and said it was wonderful. They offer trips all over the world and the prices include oodles of tours, classes, lectures and shopping related to a certain craft, plus air fare (except your local leg), nice hotel accommodations, transportation and some meals.


Mary went to Ireland in October and said the weather was beautiful and that it looked just like these cards.


She bought this set of luscious wool at one of the places on the tour. 


She also learned how to needle felt and made this cute piece of sheep grazing in an Irish field.


The trip was jam packed with tours of gardens, castles and historical sites as well as wool-related activities. 

And now I'm dreaming about taking one of their trips one of these years.

Have a colorful day



2 comments:

Robbie said...

Not sure you saw my birthday post for my son's 50th...my daughter took her brother for a tour of Ireland last week! They just got back on Sunday! They had a great time...Dublin, Galoway, Belfast, Game of Thrones, etc. I'm sure they didn't make any wool shops...ha...although, my daughter travels there for her job and she has gone to different shops.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Oh, my... that might even tempt me to travel, although I might go to different places. Checking out the website...