Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, January 7, 2019

A cupful of wisdom


My friend Elizabeth invited the yoga girls over to her house after this morning's practice to get us off to a good start to the new year.

Besides feeding us food (of course), she passed around a cup filled with words of wisdom clipped from a calendar. As we passed the cup around the circle, we withdrew our slips of paper and read them aloud.

Mine couldn't have been more appropriate for the stress and challenge that I'm going through. Namaste, Elizabeth! Here are the two sayings I pulled from the cup.


"Our greatest glory is not
in never falling, but in
rising every time we fall."
      -- Confucius


"You can't be brave if you've
only had wonderful things
happen to you."
            -- Mary Tyler Moore


Have a colorful day




5 comments:

Julia said...

Love this! Glad your friends are keeping you busy ❤️❤️

sonja said...

lovely! be well!!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

What a wonderful way to start off the year, with such wonderful support from your many friends, and words of wisdom! One of my favorite sayings is "... this, too, shall pass". Another one is "Every day is a new beginning". May each day bring you strength, courage and peace as you navigate this rough spot in your journey. ❤️

Rachel Desertspring said...

That MTM quote is one of my favorites. Keith and I just watched Ordinary People, her best work! Thinking of you every day Sherrie. So glad you are surrounded by friends... hugs.

Elizabeth in Rosedale said...

Sherrie - I didn't realize just how powerful your wisdom message was for your circumstances. You will recover and thrive one day -- believe me I know this. As a group, we are a mighty force of friendship, spirit and understanding. You are an important part of my healing too. Courage my friend! Namaste!