Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Making space for goodness


Mt. Rainier as seen from Gig Harbor yesterday.

Yesterday was a glorious sun-filled day in Gig Harbor, so Nancy and I walked the waterfront and drank in the sunshine and blue skies. It was a well-needed break from the grey and rain that we'd been experiencing, and today is shaping up to be another beautiful day.

Looking up from the patio at Suzanne's Bakery.

Last week's yoga wisdom from Saralynn was an ancient mantra, which she sang at the end of our practice.

"Hari om tat sat"

She said it roughly translates to: 

"Erasing pain and suffering,
Making space for truth and goodness."

Next up, the truth and goodness part: morning yoga with friends and getting ready for a visit from my son, who I haven't seen in a year! Yay! He lives in Madison, WI, where they have bitter cold today, well below zero, so Gig Harbor will feel downright balmy to him.


Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Robbie said...

So wonderful you'll get to see your son!!! They will always remain as our babies...no matter how old they get!!! Your weather looks beautiful!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful sunshine, and great news about your son's visit! Enjoy both...

The Idaho Beauty said...

Beautiful photos. I'd like to play around with the one looking up through the beams if I have your permission. Don't know if it will go anywhere but it strikes me as a perfect subject to abstract.

Also, thanks for continuing to share the wisdom your yoga teacher continues to impart. These small bits are going into my yoga meditations journal. They are so helpful to me since I no longer have a teacher that does this. I am so thankful you have her during this time.