Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Flowers, Sew Day, and Namaste

Me and my sewing buds: Nancy, Linda J., Linda P., and Carolynn.

Flowers, friends and food -- 
must be SEW DAY!


Today I hosted my second sewing group of the week, which gave me an excuse to bake cream cheese orange-glazed banana bread, lemon squares, and wacky chocolate cake. To make it healthy, we also had chicken Caesar salad, caprese salad, and fruit salad. And I got to pull out the blowsy flowery napkin rings that I bought on sale during the winter.


I set the dining room table because I thought it would be too chilly to eat outside, but by lunch time it was warm and sunny on the deck, so we ate al fresco.


My sewing buds bring to mind Friday's yoga wisdom from Jillian. She reread the meaning of "Namaste," which we say at the end of yoga practice:

"My soul honors your soul.
I honor the place within you
where the entire universe resides.
I honor the light, love, truth,
beauty, and peace within you
because it is also within me.
In sharing these things
we are united,
we are the same,
we are one.
Namaste."


Another flowery picture from this week comes from my daughter, who snapped Bunners (on the left) with one of the babies. "We are one!"


After Sew Day ended, I took a walk up the street to work off some of those calories. These pictures are from that stroll in the late afternoon sun.






 Back home, that sun worked its magic again.


 Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, with your friends, good food, and sunshine! The flowers are beautiful... such a lovely area to take a walk and enjoy nature!