Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Stitch happy


   Embroidery sample in a quilt store


So, even though I spent three hours today at the car dealer while they made some repairs, I was still happy because I brought along my wool appliqué stitching and got quite a bit done. Plus, the waiting area had big, sunny windows; it was quiet; and there was free iced tea, coffee, lemonade and cookies.


Everything I needed fit in my little sewing roll that I made last year. There are places for scissors, needles, pins and thread.


The colors always lift my spirits.


Then, since I already had spent an arm and a leg on the repairs, I figured what was another $17 at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Blue Agave, on the way home. I sat inside and looked out because I was dressed too warmly for being in the sun.


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the project, and I adore your sewing roll! You have a place for everything... and so beautiful with all the colors and patterns and beautiful stitchery! BTW, the saying at the beginning of the post is wonderful!