Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Yoga bunnies and the Summer Pillow


I finished my Summer Patchwork Pillow today!
The yoga bunnies that Andrea gave me like it.


I made it from two packets of Valerie Wells charm squares that I picked up at the Stitching' Post when the Feet & Forks went to Sisters, OR. The chain stitching went really quickly.


And the diagonal quilting took no time at all.


First photo shoot was on the back deck with the Buddha statue from my daughter and a blown-glass corn necklace made by a friend.


Second photo shoot was on the couch, where Yoga Bunny finds peace and happiness in front of the sunny back of the pillow.


It was a good day, which I started by making French toast for myself. I don't think I've made French toast since the kids lived at home!


I had breakfast accompanied by Dr. John on Pandora. Since he passed away a few days ago, I've been listening to him a lot. I've always liked his New Orleans, loose, swampy, swingy, voodoo sounds, and what goes better with French toast than New Orleans?


Then I walked and snapped this photo of a peaceful spot in a neighbor's yard.


I'll end with another quote that someone shared on Facebook ...  good advice.



 Have a colorful day




3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love the pillow, and it looks like it was very easy to do... nice! And the french toast looks yummy. I don't make things like that anymore, but my taste buds remember just how much they loved french toast!

sonja said...

Remembering DR John. the night tripper
right place wrong time was /is a fav.
from 1970 which i do remember just that i was into macrame and batik way back then
I love the "legs up the wall or up the pillow "bunny and your summer patch pillow !
"Right Place Wrong Time"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4PjWgiH-LQ

Robbie said...

Yoga bunny is the perfect companion! He seems to fit just anywhere! Frech Toast looks yummy!!!! I keep forgetting about making this dish unless kids come for a Sunday brunch..then I make overnight French Toast! I think I need to treat us to this type of breakfast! Thanks for the share!