Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, September 19, 2019

A little humor, a little coziness



Facebook had some good spousal humor today. I'm celebrating not having to deal with this stuff anymore, especially the one about being constantly interrupted when trying to read.


And earlier this week, there were pictures of both of my kids on Facebook snuggling with their furry children. Keith's wife posted the picture of him with the dog, and I'm sure he would be embarrassed if he saw it -- but he's one of those rare Millennials who's not on Facebook so he won't know.


And here is Julia with two of her super snuggly bunny babies. I miss them. I'm planning a road trip next month to see them all.


I'l end with a quote that I pulled from Instagram this morning. It's been my goal this year. Sometimes I slip up and cry, but I'm getting way better overall.


 Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

Neither of my adult children is on FB, only me....lol

I'd give it up but I really do have friends that I like to follow.

Susan S. in Port Townsend

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm there on FB...I never post. I'm a troll, following my kids and commenting on what they share. I am a member of lots of needlework groups. I go there when I am bored. Except my grandson is in CA so when I wake up really early I can catch him on messenger and catch up with his family news.

Man that first picture explanation hit home. But MY husband doesn't read to me, he wants to show me some stupid prank video he found on FB. I also dread the day when I may have to be the sole driver. He is a retired truck driver who drives way more aggressively than I do and tries to give me "pointers" on how to navigate while I am driving.

It's so hard to live in the present. It's so hard not to let the trials your children are going through make you feel helpless to help them and equally as hard not to give unasked for advice.

Here's wishing you a great weekend and hope you find something interesting to do.
xx, Carol

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love all this! Although my hubby doesn't interrupt my reading with something he's reading (only reads the TV Guide & Satellite Direct Mag!) but I have to wait until he isn't watching TV to mute it and snatch a few words, or when I have breakfast & he's still asleep... the things we have to go through! But I think you are making fabulous progress and know it will keep getting better for you with time.
Love the kid/fur baby pix... snuggles full of unconditional love there!

Robbie said...

Cute posts..love that last one!! So, so Perfect!