Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Introducing my grand bunnies


Here's a belated Easter treat, some pictures of my five grand bunnies who live with my daughter in Spokane. I miss their furry little bodies! Julia posted their Easter photos on Instagram along with a description of each one's personality. She's a totally devoted bunny mom. Here's what she says about them.


CHARLIE: Also known as Charlie Cha Cha, Choo Choo, and Charlaylay. I adopted him from a shelter four years ago because he was surrendered for being sassy and a little bitey. He sat at the shelter for over a month before I found him. His name was Bugsy, but I let my other rabbit at the time, Bailey, pick his new name out of a hat. He's my sweet bean, and I appreciate his sass.


DILLY: OMG. This bunny. I adopted him a year ago (after Bailey died) from a family who was overwhelmed with kids and pets. They had named him Daffodil because they thought he was a girl. He's my tender, sensitive, ballerina boy who likes pink and soft blankets. He is Charlie's main squeeze.


WILLOW: My tall, thick, lady bun with an amazing jawline. Total model material. The day after Easter last year, I found her parents huddled under a car in the rain and took them in. They had five babies a couple of nights later, and Willow is from that litter. She is 100% sweet. No sassy side on this one.


WALNUT: My little chonk. He is also from the abandoned bunny litter. He is mostly sass with a little sweet mixed in when he's tired. The only way he likes to be held is if I spoon him on the couch, facing the back of the couch, under the blanket. He is a mama's boy.


MAPLE: AKA Me-Poooooooo. Yet another from the abandoned bunny batch. I was supposed to rehome her, but obviously I fell in love with her panda cheeks and kept her. She and Walnut are BFFs and live together. She is 100% sweet. Prefers to be held while I'm standing up and rocking gently She trained me to come hold her when she rings a string of bells in her pen.


"I'm outa here."

Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Robbie said...

How adorable! Now if this doesn't put a smile on your face and warm your heart nothing will! So sweet...thanks for sharing with us!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Adorable! What a house full of sweet bunny love!

Lynda said...

OMG! They are so sweet.

lorrwill said...

I guess I can't squeal OMC (Oh My Cat) at this lot and will be adding OMB to my vocab now. What a great little hoppy fam. I had a bun bun named Spice when I was wee.

You have a gift with the uplifting warm fuzzy posts, you know that? Thank you again for the smiles!