Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, April 17, 2020

A beautiful, bittersweet spring


The weather here in Gig Harbor has been stupendously glorious this week, and every day I've been walking on the golf course that's closed to golfers. Spring blooms are bursting into color and the sun is warm and gentle.





I passed this shrub trimmed into a
giant bunny in a back yard!


After today's walk, I stopped down in the harbor. The mountain was out! I only have one more week to enjoy all of this and then I take off for Tucson. 

It'll be very bittersweet, leaving good friends in the most beautiful time of the year here. Summers are what we live for in the Northwest -- and dread in Arizona. But a new adventure is waiting in the desert sun and there's no turning back now.


Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm glad you are having beautiful weather to let you get out and enjoy the lovely flowers that bloom up there. Yes, it will be totally different in Tucson, but you will grow to love it for what it offers, and I just bet you will find ways to be able to enjoy being with your friends up there as well as the ones you will make in your new home, in your new town, in your new life!

Lynda said...

Wow! Looks so beautiful while it's cold and rainy here! Glad you do have good weather to spend your last week there. I know it has to be difficult leaving, but what great adventures lie ahead in Tucson. Hope the move is uneventful and that you have good weather.

Donna said...

This is why I am sad that you are moving to Tucson. I loved that you posted after I commented that I would dearly miss your Northwest scenery and posts. I am definitely planning my next rip to Gig Harbor and environs next April if all goes well. Economically, I can't move but I do so love your photos and posts about your area. In the Northeast many of my friends are experiencing a snow storm today but, on Cape Cod, we will have rain. We don't really have a spring here- just grey, cold, and wet with a week of gorgeous weather and then summer descends. I don't love winter and spring weather but I do like having seasons. I wonder if you will miss that in your new home. Keep posting as I may be pleasantly surprised by what color you find in your new home. Safe travels!


Robbie said...

foliage is beautiful!!!! Yes, bittersweet but what a wonderful adventure awaits you!!! More friends, more inspiration.....