Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Anniversary, masks and sky


Sunday was the sixth anniversary of my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. They looked great from head to toes! It seems like just yesterday that we drove from Washington to Wisconsin for the outdoor wedding on a farm. Love you guys!!!


I finished some more masks for my daughter to pass out to coworkers at Trader Joe's. I had to stop at nine because I ran out of produce bag twisties, which I use for the nose piece, and it was too hot to go out to the store for more. It's been over 100 forever.


And speaking of the weather, the monsoon storms are starting to sneak in. Here is the view from my back yard shortly before the wind, lightning, thunder and rain tore through a few days ago.


 And some sunset photos from this week,
taken from my front and back yards: 






Have you heard of subparparks.com yet? Illustrator Amber Share took actual review comments about our national parks and combined them with her art for some pretty funny posters and other paraphernalia. Here's one from Arizona's Saguaro National Park. "OK if you like cactus." Well, duh! Why would you go if you didn't like cacti?


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wow, has it been six years already? I remember when we were visiting fabric stores and you got some fabric to make decorations for the tables for their wedding party! Time flies...
Love the poster! And your pictures are lovely, especially that really stormy one before the monsoon. I was always out taking cloud pix the first few years after we moved here - what a treat for someone who came from CA where the clouds were always in the distance...
RE: twisters, I don't have the produce bag ones, but I have the ones that come with food storage bags, and I don't use them - want some? I'll save 'em for you!
See you soon... can't wait!