Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, July 24, 2020

Masks for Trader Joe's and more color

Julia models a Marcia Derse fabric mask.

That's my daughter above with one of the masks I made for the Trader Joe's employees she works with in Spokane. I'm just doing my part to spread color wherever I can. Here are some of the others:

Erica chose the veggie/fruit mask.


Brett went for the beer fabric.

Evie rocks blue and white polka dots.

Grant goes for big dots.

I'm also spreading color on the roads. I got my car back from the garage yesterday and put on my new license plate! (It was a short in the oil control valve that set off the warning lights.)


And here are some sunset shots from my front courtyard last night. The sunsets are amazing, night after night.




Came across this on Facebook -- an article or maybe an ad about Tucson in a 1949 National Geographic. I can't believe I'm finally living the dream -- fires, monsoon floods, heat, mosquitoes, plague and all.


But just to show that Arizona doesn't hold exclusive rights to color, here's a picture from my sister of an artichoke in her garden in western Washington. She let it go to seed and it produced those gorgeous purple things.


Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the mask fashion show! Color makes wearing them more fun for sure!
And I love your license plate... they saved that one just for you! ;-)
Wow, I've never seen an artichoke in full bloom before... the choke gets so bright, who would have thought?
I do hope the monsoons are cooling things down for you a bit... it's helping up here, and we were just suffering from 80+ degrees during the day!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Love seeing your masks in action! And that promotion of Tucson is too funny! We expect to see results!

Janice Smith said...

The second sunset photo is stunning! What an incredible gift to see sunsets like that nightly.

A question: Does the exhilarating desert air really and truly make you feel 20 years younger??? Do you awake with pep??? What a fun advertising find. You should incorporate that little ad in some kind of art piece.

In Massachusetts, we are in the midst of our second heat wave in two weeks with temperatures in the high nineties. It’s the humidity that makes it miserable for us.

Stay cool and safe.

Robbie said...

How exciting to see your masks on the folks receiving them!!!! I love that license plate! So, so perfect!!!!