Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Up again


So in my last point I was at the low point on the coronacoaster, but thanks to time, phone calls and emails with friends (thanks for all of your comments) and getting back to stitching, I'm up again.


I finished the envelopes for my "Letters From Home" quilt and now I'm connecting the blocks.


I finished embroidering a third dish towel and started on a fourth.


And I started another batch of masks to send off to the Trader Joe's in Spokane. Here are some of the prints that I selected. Hmmm, maybe I need to throw in a few blue ones.



I'm also waiting for my permanent license plate to come. It's sort of weird to be driving around with a temporary plate that says "Color" but is in black and white.


Turning to the skies, a photographer here captured the comet over Tucson! I went out last night to try to see it, but it was almost 100 degrees even though it was several hours after sunset and I couldn't take the heat. The mountains in the photo are the Catalinas, where the fire has been burning for the past month. (Yes, it's still burning.)


And this cloud was over my house a few evenings ago.


I'll leave you with this quote, which I think we all know by now after half a year of having our lives turned upside down by the virus. I'll never again take a hug or coffee with friends for granted.



Have a colorful day

5 comments:

Robbie said...

Glad you are feeling "up" again...we all are getting those days of 'ugh' and depression. My grand daughter's 21st BD is August 2 and I will be with my family regardless...unless it rains! Then I can't sit outside with them. They all wear masks so fingers crossed!

also, I love, love that picture of the cloud..not so much for the cloud but the cactus? Wow...talk about a picture for cropping! Fantastic! You take care and keep being productive...you're making us all feel like slackers! HA

The Idaho Beauty said...

So glad to see this post today. I was thinking about you yesterday, worried a bit because you hadn't posted for awhile and had been hurting the last time you did. I should try to see that comet although here they say the best time to see it is at 3:30 a.m. I may have still been tossing and turning at that time this morning but I wasn't going to look! I just love those embroidery designs. I'm sure making those masks made you feel closer to Julia. And the quilt is coming along great. And I agree with Robbie - those cacti in the cloud photo - what great composition!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, and working on your various projects! The fabrics you chose for the Trader Joe's masks are perfect, very clever! And the saying at the end is perfect. We did take our coffee and hugs for granted, and when we are able to start to resume some vestige of "normal" again, you'll probably see people hugging on the streets! We all need to keep focused on that image of our futures with people in our lives, 'cause that will keep us going. Meanwhile, happy sewing and stitching, and I love your license plate!

Edith Bieri-Hanselmann said...

Dear Sherrie, I am glad to read that you are feeling better again. Hope this will last. The virus 🦠 is really slowing down everything and I really Hope that there won‘t be a Second round. Take care and stay healthy!
Edith from Switzerland

JudyC said...

So good talking and seeing you yesterday on Zoom. Glad you’re feeling better and on the up swing. Keep on sewing. Your photos are beautiful.