Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Friends with masks

 

It's been a week since I put out a call for pictures of readers in masks, and I got a baker's dozen responses. (Appropriate, since it seems everyone is baking during these coronavirus days.)

First up, I want to recognize two nurses on the front lines. The first one is my sister Kathleen, who works at the hospital in Port Townsend, WA. Second one is my friend Susan, a neonatal intensive care unit nurse in Rockford, IL. Let's hear it for all of our nurses who have to wear those masks and shields 8-10 hours a day!



Donna in Gig Harbor, WA, is in front of her Gig Harbor quilt on the design wall:

Gerrie in Portland used leftover backing from her latest quilt for her mask:

Carol from Gig Harbor relaxes with her "Covid Summer" quilt:

Ann from Gig Harbor is in front of a Comfort Quilt (for cancer patients) that she made from mask scraps:

Susan, from Port Townsend wears a mask that goes with the art behind her:

6 comments:

sonja said...

wonderful and colorful are the mask makers that responded.
bet there are more to come!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yes indeed, a big round of applause for those nurses! And as for the rest of us, don't we look great in our stylish masks? Everyone else should be envious and wishing they could wear the same!

Don't know if you edited after publishing, but this post looks great on my computer. Everything lining up just fine.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wow! What a great collection of masks from you friends and sisters! And yes, we can't say enough thanks to those wonderful nurses who have worked so very hard these past months caring for Covid-19 patients!
BTW, it occurred to me that you have enough masks being modeled for a calendar! Might be the "in" thing for 2021, although I think by then we will be so tired of looking at masks... maybe one with sunsets and cacti would go over better!
Don't know why blogger got cranky on you, but the post looks great, as usual. They must have done another "upgrade", the little stinkers!

Robbie said...

These were fun to see!!!! Thanks for posting them....I'm still using the 'old' blogger but if I have photo's uploaded I need to put in order or else I have to reload...oh well...it is free, right! HA

Donna's Desert Garden said...

August 20, 2020. Hi, old former co-worker and friend of Sherrie at the El Paso Times, ca 1979/1980. Just found a 22-year old letter from her. Hope this is Sherrie and that she is well. Pat of Riverside County, Ca.

Sherrie Spangler said...

PAT, yes, it's me!!! Tell me how I can contact you!!! Sherrie