Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Everyday beauty and wonder

This past week has been full of amazing sunrises (like the one above from my backyard), sunsets, monsoon storms and other beauty. Everyday beauty, actually, if you take the time to look for it every day.


Sunset light reflected off the mountains to the east turns them pink.




Monsoon rains have clothed our normally brown mountains in velvet green that one wouldn't expect to see in the desert. The bottom picture is the view from around the corner from my house. It amazes me every time I leave the neighborhood. Sometimes it glows gold in the magic light just before sunset. Other times it's pink. With the summer rains, it's green.


I didn't take this spectacular photo of a rainbow and lightning in Tucson. It was posted on Instagram and credited to @lorigraceaz. Simply amazing! I hope you find some everyday beauty today.


Have a colorful day

1 comment:

sonja said...

Yes beauty is all around us if are able
to see. people look, artists see....