Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Flooding, sewing and surgery


For the past two days, this truck was parked out front while its driver repaired the water damage inside my house from the monsoon rain. The truck says "Disaster Recovery and Renovation" on its side. More workers were here all weekend caulking every window and door, inside and out, and repairing the leaky back door threshold and damaged stucco. I sure hope everything is now water tight, because the monsoon won't be over until the end of September.



Meanwhile, I've been sewing together old charm pack squares to make table runners and placemats to sell and gift. The black, white and tan fabrics aren't my usual brights, but I really like the combination.





Up next is my rotator cuff/bicep surgery on Thursday. I think I'm all set for it. At least I have plenty of individually wrapped pieces of chocolate cake in the freezer to help with my recovery! I'll be in a sling for six weeks on my dominant side, so I don't think I'll be sewing but I know I can handle dessert!

Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

OMG, you really did get hit! I hope you get through the rest of the season without further incident! And best of luck with your surgery and recovery. I'll be sending good thoughts your way and hope to hear how you're doing when you're able.

Marybeth said...

Hope all went well yesterday and that the healing process will go smoothly!! Also, hoping that your house has "healed" and will stay dry during the rains. Eat a lot of that chocolate cake.....one a day will keep the pain away!!

Robbie said...

Holy heck! I just started to read your first post and saw the words surgery!!! I am so far behind reading posts...so sorry!!!! But it sounds like you are on the right track AND I'm so glad you had a friend you could stay with after surgery! You are blessed...hope you continue to heal as well as it sounds like you are!!!! And the rains have stopped...do call that insurance man...that's their job and you do pay for it! Take care my friend