Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Recovering


I'm surprised at how much I can do with my dominant hand in a sling! I'm managing to eat, brush my teeth, dress and type with my left hand without too much trouble. And no pain.

Since I can't sew, I decided to use these weeks to organize decades worth of photos in some new albums. (And this won't include the 40,000 digital photos on my computer.) The very first picture is me at about five months, showing an early interest in pie.




I also dealt with the tree that blew down in my back yard right after my surgery. I tried to donate it to the zoo to feed the elephants, but so many people called in offering downed trees that they can't get to mine so I had my yard guy haul it away. It really opens up the yard.



I spotted this vintage turquoise truck rolling down Oracle Road with a big teddy bear in back! And the full moon was spectacular.


Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

So glad you're doing okay with your arm in a sling. And no pain? That's great!
Gads, the project of sorting photos and putting them in an album could take at least the rest of your recovery time! But if it helps to pass the time, then that's a good thing.
Have fun!