Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, August 12, 2022

She said YES!!!

My daughter called yesterday with the best news -- her boyfriend officially proposed and she said YES!!!

Jade is the kindest, most considerate guy and I'm absolutely thrilled that he will be my son-in-law! He even called last week to ask my permission to pop the question!

He's the type of guy who sends me hand-written snail mail thank you notes and makes CDs for me of music he thinks I'll like. And he helps Julia cook great meals for me when I visit, like these platters of vegan sushi rolls and spring rolls.


He'll graduate from nursing school in December 
and they're aiming for an outdoor wedding
 next spring or summer.

His cat, Charlie, formed a special bond with Julia's rabbit Charlie. It was all meant to be.

Welcome to the family!




Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Marybeth said...

Such good news....bet that took your mind off any pain you are having!! They look like a perfectly matched couple. Congrats all around!!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm so glad for you and for them! Congrats to you all!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Lucky lucky lucky! He sounds like a wonderful man and a wonderful match for your daughter. Takes me back to my own days of being courted - my husband to be also felt he needed to ask my dad's permission. Very old school and very appreciated, then and now. Such good news!