Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, April 27, 2023

I can hear!



I can hear you now!

These are my new hearing aids, all snug in their charging port. I got them Tuesday and I love them! My problem was a severe loss of clarity way more than loss of volume, so now voices don't sound so muddled. They had their ultimate test the very next day at book club, which is really more a dining and yakking club. Nine very talkative ladies and multiple simultaneous conversations usually had me totally befuddled. But this time I could follow everything!


Here we are with our Kentucky Derby hats, practicing for watching the race next week. Beth even baked a Derby pie, which was decadent, and brownies. I brought chicken enchiladas verde, which has nothing to do with the Kentucky Derby.


My neighborhood walks this week have been solid gold, literally. The palo verde trees are blooming in great drifts of yellow all over town, and yellow prickly pear flowers are also popping.



Maybe that's why I was drawn to this yellow fabric for the start of a new quilt. That's a vase and a few stems. I'll show you the rest in the next post.


Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Congrats on being able to hear clearly now, especially in a room full of talkers! And thanks for more gorgeous flowers too, so bright and cheery! Looking forward to seeing more of your quilting project...