Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, December 17, 2021

Party time!


What a change from last year, when due to Covid and not having many friends here I spent the holiday season mostly alone. This year my dance card is full! A few nights ago, Beth -- the hostess with the mostess -- hosted a combo birthday party/cookie exchange/book club dinner. There was SO much food!!!


That's Beth standing, surrounded by friends she brought together.

Here we are diving into the cookies. We each went home with dozens.

There were two December birthday girls, including me. I requested something chocolate, and Beth made the most decadent chocolate caramel filled cake. The other birthday girl requested lemon, and she got the most luscious lemon bars.


Beth also made "zoodles," spiralized zucchini noodles, and topped them with garlicky, buttery shrimp. Delicious!


I had planned to make skewers with tortellini, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls and olives with a pesto dressing, but time got away from me and I ended up just tossing them together for a salad.

Here's Beth spiralizing the zucchini.

And in another home improvement project, I covered the glass wall of my shower with a shower curtain printed with a photo of the Tucson desert that I found on Amazon. Showering beside a glass wall had bothered me ever since I moved here. Now I feel a little more enclosed.


Have a colorful day



3 comments:

Robbie said...

Love the desert scene/shower curtain!!!! You are so clever! BTW, I had one of your beautiful bags leftover from when I ordered them...my friend moved to a new home and I made up a basket for her..and I put a jar of speciality blueberry jam in that bag along with some other gifts (of course a bottle of wine! along with other items! HA). She wanted to know if I made it and I said "no, but you should go to Sherrie's blog!" I told her all about you! She loved the bag too and the bookmark!!! thanks again!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wow, what a feast, and I'm so glad you have friends this year to enjoy doing things with! And the shower curtain is perfect...
Early Happy Birthday wishes, I hope the coming year is all you hope it will be!

Lynda Heines said...

Sherrie, Looks like so much fun and what a feast! So glad you were able to get together this year. Shower curtain is fabulous. Happy Birthday and looking forward to catching up soon.