Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, May 1, 2023

Challenge quilt finished


Here's the finished challenge quilt, which I'm calling "Yellow Vase." The big pink-orange flowers are from the challenge fabric.


The little fish knows there's water in the vase, if she can just get to it! And the bunny has a special treat of flower petals.



Coincidentally, my daughter just posted this picture today of her bunny eating rose petals! And the big yellow flower is from my neighbor's prickly pear cactus.

It's getting toasty here in the desert. It hit 103 over the weekend, but it's a dry heat -- 7 percent humidity




I'm linking to Nina-Marie's blog in case you want to see what other fiber artists have been up to this past week. She also covers her visit to the Carnegie Art Museum in Pittsburgh, one of my childhood haunts. Click here: /

Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Charming result for your fabric challenge! I hope your guild does show and tell at their meetings - I always enjoyed hearing from other quilters about their projects.
Stay cool and drink lots of water!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I love it and for some reason it reminds me of a Van Gogh still life. You'd never know it started from difficult to work with fabric.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

My aunt lived in Tucson for over 50 years. I recall it being common practice to bet on the first day and time when temperatures climbed above 100 degrees. Don't recall it being early May. Sounds like a scorcher.

Great job with the challenge quilt. I love the hidden "treasurers".

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Sherrie, what a fun, whimsical quilt!