Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, May 26, 2023

Wedding dress and summer dresses

 


My daughter is thinking about wearing my wedding dress for her rose garden wedding in September! I pulled it out of the cedar chest and it looks good as new, 40 years later, except that the elastic around the neck and waist had lost its stretch. It's pure white cotton, although this photo makes it look darker in the center.


I inserted new elastic, washed it, and now it's good to go another round.




Speaking of dresses, I added to my collection of summer dresses that I live in from about April through October when it's really hot here. (Almost 100 today.) My goal is nothing constricting around my waist and pockets in everything I wear. And breathable and colorful!


This is the Mother's Day card my daughter sent me. Believe it or not, this desert card is from the Trader Joe's in Spokane. I'm going to frame it.



Have a colorful day

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh my, your daughter will look so lovely in you wedding dress! I have no idea what my mother wore as she and dad hightailed it across state lines where there was a shorter waiting period. Family lore is that when dad makes up his mind to do something, there's no waiting around, you do it NOW! ;-) If there were pictures taken, none were labeled as wedding day pictures. :-(

I've ordered a couple of summer dresses akin to yours but they are on back order. Maybe they'll come in sooner than they think. Love that blue one of yours.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love this! I wore an antique "grannie dress" when I was married... cotton lace but ecru, not white. I love that she will be wearing yours!

Your summer dresses look very comfy... stay cool!

Lynda Heines said...

Sherrie, That is so neat that she wants to wear your dress. It is lovely! And love your cool colorful clothes.