Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Hurkle-durkling into the New Year

 


I just learned this great word! I've definitely been hurkle-durkling all week, staying in bed way longer than usual and then staying in my pajamas for hours while drinking coffee and killing time on the computer. 


But I did get up and dressed in time for the first hike of the New Year with the Shady Ladies. I also spent New Year's Eve with them playing Mahjongg at Barb's house after our potluck meal.


I made chicken enchiladas for us, and they were so good that I made more yesterday for myself. But instead of rolling each tortilla around the chicken, I stacked the tortillas, chicken, cheese and sauce in layers like a lasagna. Much faster and way less messier.



Last night we had a spectacular sunset! I took this photo from my front porch with my iPhone using no filters or photo editing. It really was that amazing. The next morning I got an equally beautiful photo from Don of his overnight snowfall in Flagstaff.

On the pregnancy front, my daughter is now three days away from her due date and everything is looking good to go! She posted this photo a few days ago.

Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wow! New Year, new word! You're off to a good start, lol!

RE: the chicken enchillada casserole - I took my recipe one step further - I cut the tortillas into squares and layer sauce, chicken, tortillas, sauce, cheese, repeat. Lots easier to serve up portions!

I'm sending good thoughts and wishes to Julia, Jade and the baby... I know you must be excited!