Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, January 6, 2024

I'm a grandma!!!


Baby Juniper was born this morning in the predawn hours after a looooong labor for my daughter! She's my first grandchild and I'm so happy. They're in Washington state, so I'm flying up in a week and a half to meet her, giving their little family time savor the new situation before I get there. 

Everyone is healthy and happy, but tired. I'm tired too, because I woke up throughout the night to see if I had missed any calls since Julia went into labor. I was so relieved when I got the news this morning that she was safely born that I burst into tears. 



Have a colorful day


6 comments:

Janice Smith said...

Blessings to you all!
Janice@APositiveOutlook

The Idaho Beauty said...

How lovely . . . :-)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

She's so sweet! Congrats and blessings to you all! I don't blame you for the tears! <3

Donna said...

This is terrific news to share with us. Grandchildren are such a blessing. Enjoy your time with her and your daughter and husband. I have a former student who named one of her girls Juniper, and the other one is Zinnia. Unique names are interesting. Congratulations!

Gerrie said...

Such great news. Being a Grandma is the best!

Robbie said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Nothing like that first grand baby or second or third...you get the picture...but the first is kinda special! ENJOY your trip!