Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, January 15, 2018

Can't live without color!



"Don't wear beige. It might kill you." 

I saw that quote on Facebook, but I can't find definitive attribution. I feel like a little bit of me dies when I'm not around bright, saturated color, so I don't wear beige and when I saw this book at the quilt store I had to get it. 

"A Passion for Colour"
By Ruth Issett


I curled up last night with the book on the couch wearing my purple robe layered over purple and red pajamas layered over orange and red fingerless hand warmers. I pulled the orange and purple and blue and green and red blanket over me and feasted on Issett's luscious colored papers and fabric.

While the morning's water and cloudy sky were breathtaking, the subdued palette didn't make my heart sing.


Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Robbie said...

Love how you coordinate yourself to read a book! HA HA Ruth's books are good. I have two of her other books...quite an inspiration! Enjoy

Gerrie said...

I may be your long lost mother!! :-)

sonja said...

Freddie Moran said that,
so you and i are not surprised!!!
i say this as i type behind my.... Sally Jesse Raphael RED glasses....

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

That book was written for you, I just know it! And me, and countless others who crave color like crack! Hope that it helps get you through the gray months of winter...