Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

First finish of the new year



I could have used any colors in the world with the grey herringbone reindeer, but something drew me to soft, sweet, spring colors ... even though I worked on this project over the Christmas season.

I think I'll call it "Signs of Spring," or something to that effect.


The applique pieces are wool, and the background and border triangles are cotton. 


I embellished mostly with pearl cotton, yellow beads, a few buttons and some lace.




For the borders, I cut 2-inch squares and folded them over the edges.


Outside, someone else is patiently waiting for spring. Look at how he's starting to blend in with the tree trunks behind him. I wish he was ours, but he came with the house we're renting. I've grown quite attached to him.


Have a colorful day


7 comments:

Mcirishannie f/k/a quilt til you wilt said...

Adorable!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love it! A real gem, and I think your choice of background colors and embellishments is perfect!

Janice Smith said...

What a lovely little piece and such a clever idea for a border!

Robbie said...

What a great name 'Signs of Spring'! Colors are wonderful as is your workmanship!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Thank you, everyone who left a comment!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Wow - that is truly buoyant and could stay up all year through! And what a simple but effective way to do the border. Bravo, first finish of the year!

Lynda said...

Sherrie, Love it!!! Love your color choices as always!