Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Sew Day inspiration


We had a major reveal at Sew Day's show and tell today at my house: Carolynn showed us her finished Sue Spargo block of the month quilt, which she worked on for two years!


It's wool hand applique and lavishly embellished with gorgeous hand embroidery. Great job!!!



She sent it off to be quilted, then she added more of her own quilting on the inside of each applique.


Then Linda J. unfurled the hand applique cotton quilt that she's been working on for the past year. The colors and design are absolutely a joy to look at!





 She still has to add the outer borders. Here's the pattern:


Carolynn got right to work on her next project, using a light box to trace the pattern for a quilt to be made of embroidered blocks. 


And Linda P. worked on her wool embroidery project, which is a pattern that most of us in the Woolies group are making.


I know you're wondering about the food. Well, we decided to skip serving breakfast and just have lunch at our meetings. We used to serve both. Since I hosted, I made a healthy vegetable soup accompanied by a spinach and cheese stuffed Christmas tree made with refrigerated pizza dough. I rounded it (and us) out with grapes and mini pumpkin muffins.



After they all left, I got some beautiful sunset photos.


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

sonja said...

love your fabric reviews and of course a look at the foodie table. sounds like my kinda menu as banana mini muffins are my fav!
i wana make that food opine tree some day!! lovely sunset!!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wow, what beautiful work! And your Christmas tree bread looks scrumptious! Bet the soup was yummy too... I love home made soups!