Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, September 7, 2020

Another summer top


I made another summer top from the same pattern as the purple one. This time I made it an inch longer than the longest version in the pattern and added two big patch pockets. I can wear summer tops all year here. The weather forecaster just said we've had 90 days with temperatures in the triple digits so far this year! The record is 99.


I also found a box of clothes from when my kids were little, including this dress that I made for my daughter when she was a toddler. I sent it to her with her birthday box and it still fits her! Sort of.


A quilting friend sent me a list of quotes about color and I'm going to be sprinkling them throughout the blog. Here's the first, about pink. I love pink. It can be soft and gentle or vivid and happy, but always nice. It's mother, red, is too strong for me, except at Christmas. Pink makes me feel good. Red usually makes me agitated, like a bull with a red flag being waved at him.



Have a colorful day

4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the new top, and how amazing that your daughter can still fit into a garment from when she was a child! As for Pink, it's also one of my fave colors... just finished making a covered journal in pink fabrics!
You've definitely had a long siege of heat down there, but the whole southwest is baking I think. We're due for temps to drop for a couple of days so I'm making soup! Ever the optimist... ;-)

Lynda said...

I love this and the other top you posted on the last blog post. They are so pretty and look so comfy! Can't believe your daughter can still fit in hers!!

I never was a pink person. I always, and still do, love blue.

We've had great weather - real fall weather. Hope you get some relief soon.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Ooooo - I like this top too - that print is fantastic. Another rayon?

Robbie said...

I love the latest top!!!! And the necklace is perfect with it...funny about your daughter's 'dress/top' and still fitting! HA I still have my Brownie uniform! I wonder....no, it won't fit...not even on my arm! HA