Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Magical light


Whether I'm taking a picture of a quilt or clouds, everything always looks better when the light hits just right. And you know how I love light! So today I've dug up some of my photos that came alive because of the sun.


There's just nothing as exciting to me (almost) as rich color saturation from the glow of the sun. It makes the veins in leaves and the lines of quilting pop.

It adds a richness to rocks and to silk.

It draws your eyes to details that might otherwise be overlooked.


It creates awesome sunsets

and sets orange fabric on fire!


It's playful ...




... and dramatic.



It makes an everyday day exciting.


It's pure heaven.


Have a colorful day



5 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

A lovely post to brighten my cloudy rainy day. :-)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful, Sherrie!

Janey said...

Thank you for this ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š

Donna said...

What a beautiful reminder of color. You have quite an eye for color in all its glory!

Donna

Robbie said...

You have a great eye!!!! Wow!!! I never would have thought of even taking these pics and focusing on the light and dark! You're amazing!!! What an interesting post!