Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, September 6, 2021

A gallery for the spirit dolls


My spirit dolls were accepted into a local gallery over the weekend! Absolutely Art Gallery & Gifts agreed to carry them in their very colorful gallery in Catalina, a few miles north of Tucson. The gallery just won the Tucson newspaper's Readers Choice for the Best Art Gallery in Tucson for the fourth year in a row!

Here are most of the dolls that I dropped off. I can't wait to see how the owner, Pam, decides to display them.

Here is some of the other art in the gallery. There are two other fabric artists, so I'm excited to meet them and become part of the gallery community.




Here's another spirit doll that I just made for a friend as a house warming gift:


(I'm linking to are-quilts-art-on-off-wall-friday.html in case you want to see what other fiber artists have been up to this week.)

And this next lovely lady is my daughter,
who turned 33 today!


Here she is at her 6th birthday party when we lived in El Paso. That's a butterfly cake that I made at her request, and the girls are wearing the necklaces that they made.

On the weather front, this is the sunset from a few nights ago. We're still having quite active weather due to the monsoon season. Last evening,Tucson was under simultaneous tornado, flash flood, and blowing dust advisories. My neighborhood got off easy, with just a little wind and rain.


p.s. I also take custom orders for the spirit dolls if you have a specific color or theme in mind. I charge $38, same as the gallery, plus $5 shipping. Email me at sherriequilt@yahoo.com.

Have a colorful day

5 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh Sherrie, how wonderful to have your work accepted at that exciting gallery - it DOES look exciting from the photos you've shared. Can't wait for you to meet the fiber artists there in the hopes you can have a some interaction like you had in Gig Harbor.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm so thrilled for you to have your beauties accepted into the gallery!!!! Congratulations, and I hope Tucson grabs them up so you are forced to make more, 'cause everyone needs one to make them smile!
As for your weather, that's a bizarre forecast for sure! But your sunsets are beautiful...
Congrats to your daughter - didn't realize she is a Virgo, which is the best sign to be!

Lynda said...

Wowzer! So glad your girls were accepted! And your girl is lovely! Looking forward to catching up next week.

Robbie said...

How cool others will see your Spirit Dolls and purchase them too! Plus, what a wonderful event for you to meet up with like minded art folks! This is a great opportunity and I'm so happy for you!!!!

Chris said...

I knew you'd make us proud. I think I need a spirit doll but I'm not sure what kind I need! Maybe one to ensure my newfound health.