Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Tucson Summer Night Market


It's finally cooling off enough that I can do more outside activities, so last night the Shady Ladies (my hiking group) set off for Tucson's Summer Night Market. It was the last one of the season, and the weather was perfectly balmy under the stars with a DJ playing tunes and people strolling among the shops and food vendors.

We ate outdoors at a Mexican restaurant called Seis, which specializes in street tacos. We split a big order of chips and guacamole, green salsa and a really hot red sauce, and I had two different types of tacos. Delicious! Afterward, Tere bought Mexican cookies for all of us from a street vendor.

There was a shop called Why I Love Where I Live, with all things Tucson inside. I do love where I live, and there's so much more to discover here. I'm glad I found friends to help me explore my new town.



I spent a lot of time looking at the fun Southwest prints at the hobo bag tent. They were a good price, but I already have so many tote bags that I resisted. Tere, however, who loves all things Mexican, bought a Day of the Dead bag.

This weekend I'm working my way through a big batch of spirit dolls that a friend ordered for Christmas gifts. She sent me a description of each of the 10 ladies for inspiration. It's been fun!

Have a colorful day

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Glad to see you're still finding things to do with the Shady Ladies since you haven't mentioned them in awhile. As for the tote bag vendor . . . just say no!!! I too have way more bags than I need, all sizes.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm so glad you are finally able to get out and do some fun things! Too bad it's the last Summer night market, but I'm sure there will be other things to do once the weather cools off again. And I love all the new spirit dolls you're working on! Such fun fabrics, and they always make me smile when I see yours, they're so cute!

Robbie said...

Fantastic night out!!! Sounds like a perfect night with buds! Yes, you are in the right place...so much inspiration around you and meeting up with new friends is always a plus.