Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, May 18, 2020

Coffee with my sisters


Kathleen, Terry, and me eight years ago.
It's been years since I've been together with my two sisters, but this morning we had coffee together  across the miles. I was sipping my coffee on the front patio when Kathleen texted a picture of her coffee cup on her deck back in western Washington:


So I texted a picture of my coffee from my patio in Tucson:


Minutes later, Terry chimed in with her latte from the balcony of her new apartment in downtown Louisville, Kentucky. The wonders of technology!


A little quilt made by Karen from my STITCH group.

 Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Lynda said...

Technology is great! If you ever get to Louisville, I'll make the two hour drive to see you!! We've cancelled our trip to Sedona in September. Not ready to fly yet, but hopefully we'll be there in 2021.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

That's lovely! My new fave technology is Zoom... been getting together with old friends from CA who are now scattered all over the state and elsewhere, and it's so good to see their faces and talk! That may be the only way I will get to see them again unless they come here, 'cause I'm pretty much done with extensive travel. I'm make an exception to meet you somewhere down south, but that's different! ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Sherrie! It was nice to have coffee with you and Kathleen :)

Robbie said...

That is so much fun! Now you need to SKYPE or if you all have android, you can do video calls or if you each have Iphones you and Facetime!!! No reason not to...my florida friend and I do this and I feel like we just met for lunch (we use SKype!)...give it a go!