Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Nothing but blue skies ...


... except when the sun is setting.
All three photos are 
from my front courtyard.



In the morning, I have my coffee in the west-facing front courtyard where it's cool and I can hear the birds sing while gazing at the wispy tree branches swaying overhead and the mountains on the horizon.


When it heats up in the afternoon to around 100 degrees, I move to the lounge chair under the sun shade in the back yard and drink iced tea. What a life!


I've unpacked most of the house except for the sewing room, above. It's a bit overwhelming, but I'm not in a rush.


My fabric will go in the white shelving unit in the living room. And the cutting table will go in yet another area. Basically, the house is going to be a sewing and living studio.


Dave hung "Garden Gone Wild" over an old Stickley buffet that has been in my family since I was a little girl. It was in storage for the past 12 years when I lived in Gig Harbor. It's so good to have it back in the house again. I remember going with my dad to pick it up from a little old lady (probably the age I am now) who had an apartment full of old furniture that she was selling in Pittsburgh. My dad refinished it and so many family photos were taken in front of it.


The china cabinet is another piece that has been in storage. We bought it when my oldest was just a few months old, so it's been in the family awhile. I don't have any china, so it's filled with colorful plates and mugs and some wine and beer glasses.


The couch and chair that I tried and failed to sell before the move actually fit in the living room and make a nice little TV area.

Life is good!

Have a colorful day

8 comments:

Edith Bieri-Hanselmann said...

Hi Sherrie, I am so glad for you and your new home. It Looks great and I also have made my Little house into a quilting house ;-) where I live and quilt.
Edith

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

It's coming along beautifully! You have made great progress... looking forward to seeing more pix as you continue to settle in. Love the sunset shots, and you look so relaxed in your lounge chair! Enjoy...

Lynda said...

Wow! Your new home is really coming along. So happy for you. Can't wait to see what you create!

Janice Smith said...

Look at you sipping ice tea in the shade in your new backyard! Awesome!!! Love the sky photos!!! You are right “Life is good.” We just need to take it a day at a time, stay strong, and find moments of happiness each day.
Stay safe.

Learn online said...

thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are providing best roadrunner customer care support, roadrunner helpline, Contact roadrunner how to contact roadrunner Support

Robbie said...

You look SO relaxed!!!! Love your home!!! And it's looking like a home!!!!! How wonderful. Love seeing the furniture finally getting back for you to enjoy!!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Lookin' good, Sherrie. And I love that you have places to sit outside with beautiful views, just what you love.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my! Such amazing color in that 3rd photo. I can't imagine what it was like in person!