Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Quilt shops in Spokane

Rickrack and Grunge dots from Quilt Patch Lane.

I visited my daughter in Spokane over the weekend and we hit up four quilt shops in town! What a treat to have so many in one city.


As you can see, I found rickrack for embellishing my wool applique at every store! (My favorite shop  near home has stopped carrying trims.) I was also pleased to see that almost everyone out there carries the Grunge fabric line, one of my favorites.

Sew E-Z Too has tons of trim, fabric, beads, buttons and yarn.

Regal Fabrics has a great trim selection.

In the mornings at my hotel, I embellished my wool vase and flowers. It's going to be the front of a sewing roll (like a jewelry roll except for sewing supplies). It's a Sue Spargo pattern.


More later this week on color in Spokane!


 Have a colorful day


3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Ooh, you scored! Love your wool vase & flowers... gee, maybe you should scope out Prescott next year for a possible retirement location. Between Prescott, Prescott Valley, Cottonwood & Sedona, there are 4 quilt shops. And from there, it's a not too long drive to the valley where Joyce & I have found at least 3 or 4 within a reasonable distance. You could go wild! ;-)

sonja said...

What fun to find things you can incorporate into your expanding felt art life! recently i purchased a bunch of "zig zags trims", which reminds me of what i trimmed clothes with in High school... in white knowing i could paint them ANY color i wish!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I just never get into Spokane so would have been no help pointing out quilt shops. Looks like you did just fine! I have a really nice small shop within walking distance of my house, and a half hour shorter drive than Spokane to a bigger great shop in Coeurdalene, so I don't feel deprived! I think there's a bead shop in CDA too but know there are a couple of really good bead shops in Spokane. That might be worth a drive over. ;-) Where did you stay?