Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

STITCH field trip to Quilted Strait


Five fearless STITCH ladies hit the road yesterday for Port Gamble, about an hour north of Gig Harbor. We were on a mission to shop at the Quilted Strait -- as if we needed more fabric. Mission accomplished!


Linda found a book called, "Art Quilt Collage," and I can't wait to browse through her copy to see if I should get one. Isn't that a cool shopping bag that she made?


Karen and I went straight for the wool corner, because we're both into wool applique. She made the blue jacket that she's wearing.


I bought purple, green and turquoise wool, but it was hard to limit myself.


And look at the oh, shiny, sparkly threads! I had to buy lime green and purple spools for my wool embroidery. This is Sue Spargo's Razzle Dazzle collection.


Anne snapped up this snappy yellow polka dot fabric, along with a mountain of black and white prints. She rarely uses black and white but said she feels like she should give it a try in a future quilt.


I missed getting a picture of Carol shopping -- I think she was outside. 


 The shop is in an old stable and has soaring ceilings that make a great space for quilt display.


On our way to lunch at Scratch, we wandered through the dahlia gardens, which I've featured many times on the blog. They are always spectacular.




Near the dahlias is a luscious purple lacecap hydrangea bush. It was indeed a colorful day.


Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Robbie said...

You always have such fun outings with friends! And yes, I love that 'bag'!!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sounds and looks like a wonderful outing, with lots more goodies to add to your stashes! I must say your state grows gorgeous flowers... I'm a little envious!