Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Etsy and the election


I refused to put on election news until polls started to close last night. Instead, I listed more of my old art pieces on my new Etsy shop, www.sherrielovescolor.etsy.com.  

This little (7 inches square) collage is hand painted silk organza with a gold foiled spiral, beads, and gold quilting from 2005. I listed it at $30. It looks nice framed, but I'm selling it unframed because everyone has different tastes in frames. It's mounted on a mat board, so it stands up on its own and can be propped on a shelf.

I can't believe I made it 15 years ago! I want to get back to doing that sort of work.


I also whipped out bookmarks to send as little gifts with my orders. I'm being optimistic here, because the only order I have so far is from a friend. 

Last night's sunset was nice, and it signaled that it was time to turn on the tv ...


... and settle in with the veggie pizza that I had delivered!


After a few hours of nail biting, I baked a pan of brownies. I stayed up much later than usual, even though I knew we probably wouldn't have final results until later in the week.


Then I was up before dawn full of nervous energy ...


... so I went for a brisk walk under the moon as the clouds turned pink. It was a nice 63 degrees and felt invigorating. 

Now, we wait.


Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Robbie said...

Well, you know I enjoy the food pics first! HA Glad to see you're out and about..hiking is such a good way to meet buds and get fresh air. I've just ordered 4 of your tarot bags for Christmas gifts for my art group. They are lovely and will be a unique gift for each of my buds!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Robbie, thank you so much for your order!!!! I hope your friends like the bags, which I'll get in the mail today.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

And so it begins! Word will get out from friends to friends, and just plain shoppers that there's a new gal on etsy! I'm excited for you, and I love that you made bookmarks to go with your sales... awesome idea! And if you're gonna eat pizza and brownies, it's really good that the temps have cooled off so you can burn a few calories too! Have fun, and I do hope you get back into making treasures like your lovely collage, they are full of sparkle and magic!

Lynda said...

So glad you funneled that energy in getting your etsy shop filled. I'm going to stop by there after I finish this comment. And there you go - a new sale already. Glad your temps are down and that you took a nice walk. Yummy pizza!