Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, November 13, 2020

Etsy is taking off!

I've made 10 sales so far on my Etsy shop and I want to thank all of my friends who have supported my art! So far all the sales are to people I know, so thank you, thank you, thank you!

My shop is www.sherrielovescolor.etsy.com. Here are just a few of the quilts that I'm selling. I plan to list more every few days.

The cheerful one above was snapped up by Dawn for $40 almost as soon as I posted a picture of it on Facebook. I'm trying to get used to promoting my shop on social media, even though it makes me feel mercenary. So far it's the only way I've made sales.

"Letting Go," above and below, hasn't been spoken for yet. I made it during a period when I was experimenting with stamping combined with beading. It's small, only 13 inches square. It could symbolize letting go of a loved one or a stage of life or even just a bad habit. It's mounted on mat board so it can just lean on a shelf or go into a frame. Also $40.

I'm starting with my smaller pieces, figuring they're more affordable and will sell easier. 

I haven't listed this next one, "Two Much Fun," but I will soon. My inclination is to put a higher price on it because it was exhibited in the International Quilt Festival in Houston and part of it was used in the show catalog, but I don't know if that really makes it worth any more.


This lushly layered painted one, called "Gateways on the Journey," is also almost ready to list. It's one of my favorite little quilts, but I think I'm ready to let it go.

In other news,  I hiked into the Catalina Mountains last week and this is part of the trail. I have a feeling those mountains are going to work their way into my quilts soon ...


... along with the fiery sunsets.


Have a colorful day



3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I am thrilled that you are doing well with your new etsy shop, and don't feel bad about promoting it on social media - that is the way we can get word out to people, and hopefully our friends will share with other friends too. I've learned a lot from a friend who is very much into promoting her business on Facebook, Instagram, etc., and it has really helped to bring her sales.
I love your photos of the beautiful desert you live in... I can see how they will inspire your work going forward... can't wait to see what you do with the images!

Lynda said...

So excited about your Etsy shop taking off!! Love Love Love your art! As Judy said, Don't feel bad about promoting on social media. That's how stuff gets out in the world. Looking to see more goodies and "see" you next week.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Pricing - always a conundrum in my book. The fact that the one was in IQF and its show catalog might make a difference in its appraisal value, even more so if it won some kind of award, but on the open market that might not mean much to the general public. For now you should probably just price it similarly to the others. So glad you are getting sales!