Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, September 18, 2023

Another yellow bowl



I just made another big yellow bowl because I have a buyer for the first one. I can't get enough of the sunny colors!


I finished off three spools of thread. All that zig zag stitching between each row uses a lot.





I meant to keep track of the hours that it takes to make it, but I forgot. The photo above was yesterday morning and below was in the afternoon, with breaks in between. I like having a mindless project like this so that I can work on it whenever I feel the urge without any planning. 



I covered the end with a big button tied on with gold metallic cording.



I love this quote by Patti Smith that I just came across. It's taken me awhile to shed my skin. I think I'm finally becoming myself at a few years shy of 70.

Last night I went to another Tucson Pops concert at Reid Park with Beth, Sandy and Meg. It was so much cooler than last week's sweaty concert. By cooler I mean around 89 instead of 99 degrees. But with the sun down and an occasional breeze it was very pleasant. Good music, too.


This morning I had my poor mesquite tree removed after it was decimated by the monsoon storms. With each assault it became more of an eyesore, but now the yard looks too bare. I'll have to replace it with something, but I'm not sure what. You'll notice that we don't have grassy yards here in Tucson. Everyone has rocks and gravel around their plants because we're in the desert and we don't want to waste precious water on grass.


Have a colorful day

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Your new bowl is so bright and cheery! It will brighten its surroundings wherever it goes!

Sorry about having to remove your mesquite... I hope you can find a good replacement.