Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, September 11, 2023

Bowl, canyon quilt and a concert


I'm still spinning out layers to my orange bowl. I'm going to keep going for another few inches with a turquoise rim with some shots of orange in it. I think.

It's mindlessly addictive sewing. Now if I could just find a place to sell them before they take over my house! All of the gift shops here seem to already have some version of coiled fabric bowls, although none  this big. 



I'm adding this border to my Grand Canyon quilt, then I'll be ready to sew down the fabric snippets, yarn and feathers. It may get done this week!

I'm spending a lot of time inside sewing because it's still over 100 degrees here -- 109 today. I think the monsoon season is over, so we haven't had any cooling rain in awhile. It officially goes until the end of September.


I celebrated last night with four friends at dinner and then a free outdoor Tucson Pops concert.


That's Beth, Debra, Kathie and Sandy toasting with their colorful drinks at Locale, an Italian restaurant exuding Tucson charm. And good prices, too. I had a pear, carmelized onion, gorgonzola and candied pecan flatbread for only $5! We also split a "starter" that turned out to be a big platter -- much more than a starter -- of polenta topped with a tasty ragout. And, since we had to kill time before the concert, we shared a big slice of tiramisu. But only because we had to kill time.

The concert was nice, although even though the sun had gone down it was still almost 100 degrees and we felt sorry for the musicians under those lights, especially the ones wearing suits and ties. It was a really fun night with friends and a good way to start the new week.


Have a colorful day


1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I'm loving these big colorful bowls! Unbelievable that it was still nearly a hundred degrees even after the sun went down. We've been in the low 80's during the day but boy, does it cool down fast once the sun goes down.