Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Introducing the Material Girls


I finally hosted my first quilting group since moving here, just like old times back in Gig Harbor. Meet the Material Girls, a mini group of the Tucson Quilters Guild who all live in Oro Valley. We meet twice a month in each others' homes to stitch, chat and eat, and today was my turn to host.



I fixed Caesar salad ...


... fruit kebabs



... and pasta chicken salad.

I forgot to get photos of the brownies!


But here's another dessert. My daughter's 35th birthday was yesterday and she sent a picture of the cake that Jade made for her. What a guy! Here she is with me at her 3rd birthday when I was about the same age as she is now.


And this is how the Grand Canyon quilt is evolving. I'm thinking of wind in the canyon, scattered light, energy. I haven't sewn anything down yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll go with this. I added snippets of fabric, yarn and feathers and I'll probably do swirling quilting lines.


Compare to the sunset from my front porch.



Have a colorful day


1 comment:

Lynda Heines said...

What a fun time! Looks like a great group! Yummy food! The Grand Canyon quilt is going to be absolutely beautiful!