Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, September 15, 2023

Cloud Appreciation Day

Today is Cloud Appreciation Day, so I'm going to show my appreciation by posting a sampling of the thousands of cloud photos I have taken. Most of these are from Tucson in the southern Arizona desert, where I moved to three years ago. We have the most phenomenal skies!!!

Here's a link to the Cloud Appreciation Society's newsletter, which will tell you all about Cloud Appreciation Day and how you can take part in it by photographing clouds today and submitting them to the society: cloud-appreciation-day-2023


Photos from my house

I've taken all the photos in this first section from either the front or back yard of my house, where I have a direct view of the sunset. The eastern sky behind me also gets some nice reflected sunset color, and the western sky has some nice soft clouds at dawn.



















(The one above is an amazing sunrise.)




These next photos are from near my neighborhood:











Santa Fe clouds:



Grey clouds:





Blue sky white clouds:



Clouds with the moon from my yard:




Clouds over water:




Clouds in my quilt,
"Desert Rain"


Have a colorful day

4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Some real beauties here. You definitely appreciate clouds!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Great collection of sky art! And I think your quilt captures the beauty of clouds and sunsets beautifully!

Jody said...

What a wonderful gathering of cloud photos! You have the best sunsets and sunrises! Thank you for sharing these!

Lynda Heines said...

OMG! These pictures are beautiful. I especially like the ones with blue, but they all are wonderful! And your quilt - lovely!