Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Headed to Spokane for the wedding



I'm headed to Spokane today for my daughter's wedding to this wonderful man, but truth be told I'm even more excited about their baby who's on her way in four months!

Look at how much she's grown! The top photo was a few weeks ago and the bottom one was in June. My old wedding dress still fits her, thanks to the extra elastic that I inserted in the waist.

She had her 24-week checkup yesterday and the midwife said the baby is very strong and active and may come out kicking like a soccer player. Julia has always been spunky, and I'll bet her daughter will be too. Tell me she doesn't look spunky here when she was three:


 Anyway, I'll catch you up when I get home next week. 

Have a colorful day


2 comments:

Lynda Heines said...

That is so neat that she is wearing your wedding dress. It's so pretty as is your daughter. My best wishes to the couple. Have a safe trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Edith Bieri-Hanselmann said...

Hi Sherrie, what good news to get grandmother. I can tell you it is a very good feeling :-)
greetings from Switzerland
Edith