Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

A cat and a bowl


I used to make coiled fabric bowls and I have a big pile of them in a closet, so I sent one to my daughter's boyfriend for his cat. I've seen other cats take over the bowls, and I thought Charlie might like his own. She posted this series on Instagram.

Well, Charlie is a very cautious cat so he took his time getting used to this new thing. It took him all day, but finally ...

... he settled in.
I think he needs a bigger one.


Here's a link to one of my bowl posts from -- can it be? -- 11 years ago:  

Have a colorful day

6 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love it! I'll bet if you made him a bigger one he would still go for the smaller one... weird how they need that snug fit! I made one for a friend, and her large cat took it over. She ordered another one for the large cat, thinking the smaller one would be great for her kitten, but the large cat rotated between the two. They want it all for themselves!
BTW, I had never seen the post from 2010, you made some beauties!

Lynda said...

You know I love this!! So cute! Charlie is a bit big for that bowl, but he doesn't care. This and the other bowls are lovely.

Robbie said...

How adorable seeing Charlie enjoying his bowl! OMG...that is so, so cute!!!

sonja said...

think Charlie took all day 'cause he was waiting for someone to take the basket out of the box so he could occupy the box .Oh catz!

The Idaho Beauty said...

That last picture is priceless. Yes, I'm thinking he needs a bigger bowl, you know, just in case he wants to stretch out a little. lol

Norma Schlager said...

What a riot, it made me laugh out loud. Isn't it funny how cats like to go in the smallest places. I have a friend with three cats and she keeps shoe boxes around the house that they like to squeeze into.