Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, February 12, 2021

Painting and hiking


I've been painting fabric and hiking this week, and I'll tie them together by pointing out that the fuchsia in the painted fabric matches the color in my hiking shirt.

And the deep purple in this fabric ...

... matches the intensity of the blue in yesterday's desert sky!


From there I'll segue into saguaros from the hike in Sabino Canyon on the far east side of Tucson.


We spotted another rare crested saguaro! They look so top heavy that I'm amazed they don't fall over.


We hiked for hours through thousands of saguaros in sunny 70-something temperatures and were rewarded by a rest stop at a waterfall and clear, cool pools.



Barb stretched out on the rocks for more sun, but I relaxed in the shade.


We've officially launched the Feet and Forks Southwest! Here's the feet shot.


We forgot to put our forks in the food picture, but here are the three kinds of fries we shared afterward at Zinburger: sweet potato, truffle, and zucchini. It was a most excellent day!


Have a colorful day

8 comments:

GoingPlaces said...

It was a great day!

Unknown said...

Great pictures Sherrie! It was a wonderful day. Love the color comparisons. 😍

shooah said...

When you come to a fork in the road ... pick it up and use it.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Getting back in the swing of life - that's great! And I was surprised at your water picture. My stereotype of your area precludes water features. :-)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I am so happy for you! Finally, you have found your tribe and are doing what you wanted to be doing when you moved there! Congrats on the Southern branch of F & F! And I love the beautiful fabrics you've painted... can't wait to see what you do with them. BTW, who needs forks if it's french fries? ;-)

Lynda said...

Oh Sherrie, that sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad you found a new group for this passion. Meanwhile, we are iced in! Love the fabric.

Donna said...

I was also happy for you and your new chapter of Feet and Forks. You have really worked on creating a new community of friends. Happy for you.

Robbie said...

I envy you so much having the ability to hike with friends...or just hike! What beautiful weather! Area looks fabulous!!! So, so happy for you! Oh, in case you are wondering....it's been snowing all day...just a light coating but a constant!!! But we are having a heat wave of 20!