Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, February 5, 2021

A quickie quilt and Etsy sale


I needed an easy project to work on this week while I contemplated my next art quilt, so I made this crib quilt for a nephew's baby boy who is due in March.

I used Grunge fabric left over from another project and found a little boy print for the back that picked up on all of the colors. Minimal quilting completed it in a jiffy.

I also decided I need to clear out the tarot/gift bags and masks from my Etsy shop that are made with wintry fabric. So they're all 40 percent off. (The price includes shipping, which is about $4 just for one bag or mask.) Masks are $7.20 and bags are $13.20, including shipping.

You can find them at www.sherrielovescolor.etsy.com.


The pleated masks have nose wires, a filter pocket, and soft knit ear loops. The bags are lined with a silky fabric. The music note masks could be worn all year, but I made them thinking of Christmas concerts and carols.

I also made enchiladas today, but I cheated and used store bought green enchilada sauce. It's not as good as freshly made, but it's not bad.

And last but not least, we had a spectacular sunset a few nights ago. Here it is from my front courtyard.



Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Looks like you have had a productive week! Looking forward to seeing your next art quilt, especially if it includes the lovely handwork pieces from your previous post.

sonja said...

Oh how lovely your sunset sky! one of the best parts of the day to gaze at nature's art! i still make enchiladas like my first roommate did back in the day. i love Las Palmas e sauce and often cut it with stewed tomatoes for texture and taste. stay well, sonja