Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, March 8, 2021

Feb/March Challenge Week 6



As we head into Week 6 of the Feb/March Challenge, I've had one finish and one start. I finished the bowl, and it's a biggie!

And I started another "Eye of the Storm" quilt. (That's the name of the pattern.) This one isn't in my usual screaming bright colors. It's a little quieter and earthier.


I've used three stacks of six fabrics per stack. The picture above shows my progress with the first stack, and below are the other two waiting to be cut.




It's slow going because you have to carefully match the curves, but I wanted a project that would take awhile. I don't work on it every day, but it's nice to have it waiting for me when I get the itch to stitch.

I'm linking to Lynda's blog about the challenge: feb-march-challenge-week-six

In other news this past week, I got my first COVID vaccine! It was a drive through at the University of Arizona, and I loved all the palms surrounding the vaccine site.

And this morning I went on an almost six-mile hike with Barb and Beth in Catalina State Park. Note the clouds! This is so unusual that it felt eerie, like something was very wrong.


Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wow, that bowl is really big! And I'm looking forward to progress posts on your quilt - it will be nice to have a larger project to work on when it's too hot to go out.
So glad you got #1, and only a month to go for #2! Yaay, we're getting a little closer to beating this stupid virus!
Wow, you had clouds? Ooh, maybe some weather in the forecast? Yeah, we have snow coming over the next 4 days... but Spring is coming and I'm ready!

Lynda said...

Sherrie, Loving your bowl and your new quilt. So glad you got your first COVID shot. And love seeing your hiking adventures. Looking forward to talking to you today.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I love the big bowl and the fabrics for the new quilt. Thumbs up! Great to hear you've gotten your first vaccination shot - I got my first last week and am already looking forward to seeing a couple of my lunch buddies for the first time in a year. We are all compromised in some respect so have been laying low until vaccinated. April is looking brighter!