Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Monday, March 22, 2021

Last week of Feb/March Challenge!


I can hardly believe it's the eighth and final week of the Feb/March Challenge issued by Lynda Heines to get us through the end of winter! It seems like just a few weeks ago that I was deciding what to do for the weekly challenge.

So this is the progress I made this past week (mostly this morning) on my curved quilt. I finished piecing all 16 blocks and then squared them up this morning. They started as 18 inches, but the curved piecing made the edges all wonky, so they finished at 16 inches.

I always hate to throw away a pretty pile of scraps, but I can't save everything.

This picture shows how uneven the blocks were before trimming. I haven't decided on a final arrangement because I'll try out a few and take pictures first. I asked a retired math teacher friend, Pam, how many possible permutations there are and she said, "More than Trump has and less than Bill Gates."

My view beyond the sewing machine was sunny and bright this morning. The sunshine really gives me energy!

I'm linking to Lynda's challenge blog here: feb-march-challenge-week-8


Here are some pictures of my hiking friends from the weekend. That's Barb and Beth above at Catalina State Park. Below is me with Kandi, one of my Gig Harbor friends, at Sabino Canyon.


One one of my hikes this weekend I spotted this saguaro with dozens of buds. Spring is here!



Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Robbie said...

Now that is a funny quote!!!! Love it...and I love your quilt top! That is really cool!!!! The curve piecing really adds to making this look like a very complicated piece!!!! Good job!

Lynda said...

Love your quilt and all the beautiful colors. It's really amazing. I love that quote. It made me laugh, and it's way too early in the morning! Thanks for linking up.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Great progress on your quilt, it's really taking shape. If I were down there I would have scooped up those scraps, they would be perfect for a scrappy bag!
Love the pix of your hikes, and your quote is perfect! I've been doing the "chocolate diet" a lot recently! ;-)

pkbinns said...

Sherrie I love this quilt, and love your color choices. You probably already said, but what is the name of this pattern? Looking forward to when we can come to visit and go hiking together. You’ll probably leave me in the dust!