Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Snow and Nancy's visit


I'm looking out my window at SNOW in Tucson in March and can hardly believe it! It's raining at my elevation, but snowing on Pusch Ridge just a mile away.

Quite a change from a few days ago when my Washington friend Nancy and her husband visited. It was sunny and warm, and we strolled in short sleeves around the Tucson Botanical Gardens looking at spring blooms.



This tumble of yellow flowers is a primrose jasmine, and I think it would be a great addition to my backyard. I was getting ideas for how I can add more color.


We had lunch at the gardens at a wonderful outdoor cafe surrounded by trees, flowers, birds and fountains. Our paninis and salads were delicious.

We also went shopping at the Happy Saguaro so Nancy could buy some Talavera pottery from Mexico for a gift. She found this huge platter in vibrant colors. We also hit two quilt shops, but I forgot to get pictures.

And of course there was a Mexican restaurant involved in the visit. Cheers!!!


Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Robbie said...

I just saw on Roberta's Instagram a picture of snow and a cactus! Love your garden flowers/foliage! So nice you got a visit with friends and love seeing that margarita from your friend's hubby! My fav!

Mary P said...

In your March 8 post, you show eye of the storm fabric, in the first section already cut there is a beige fabric, is that a batik, if so, do you know who manufactured it? I love your work and always look for a color hit. Thanks
Mary
marypsmith96@gmail.com

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm so glad you had nice weather for your friends' visit! And that you could get out and about while they were there. Ooh, the jasmine would be lovely in your yard, and if it's like other jasmines, what a lovely fragrance you would have too. Hope you can get one planted and established before the heat takes over!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Mary P -- That beige print is a Marcia Derse fabric. I have one scrap left and it has the selvedge info on it! It's by Windham Fabrics and the collection is Art History 101. It's patterned after a discharge fabric.