Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Back in sizzling Tucson


After sweating through the record heat wave in the Northwest, I'm back home in more high temperatures. And this time it's not even a dry heat because monsoon season has brought high humidity! (The predicted highs of 104 Thursday through Saturday actually reached 108.)

Monsoon clouds were piled high above the Santa Catalina Mountains last night behind a saguaro cactus near my home. They caused lightning and a little rain, but not enough to cool things off.

The previous night, the sky sizzled at sunset across the street from my house.

I've been spending most of the days inside in the AC, although today I hiked at SIX A.M. and it was already almost 90 degrees. By the time I finished a little after 7, I was drenched in sweat. I did it because I don't want to lose my hiking muscles.


Stay cool



1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

AC rules! We've been pretty much living inside up here, and it's nowhere near 108. Praying the monsoons definitely start their daily relief, and it looks good for next week here... hope it helps down there too.
BTW, beautiful pictures, as usual!