Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Sew Day!

 

This is the third sewing group that I got together with during my trip back to Gig Harbor -- the Sew Day girls. It was "sew" good to see them again!

I worked on the wool appliqué project that I've had going on for years. 


Linda J. had several show and tells:


She made her messenger bag out of wool.

And of course, there was the food. Linda made delicious salads and brought out brownies and strawberry shortcake for dessert.


That was last weekend when we were having beastly hot weather over 100. This morning, my hostess, Nancy, lit the fire on her back deck where we were having coffee because it was so chilly!


Happy Fourth of July!!!

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Lovely projects, so nice you got to see your sewing group too! And I'm glad the weather cooled off for you... enjoy the rest of your visit, I know you'll be heading back soon.

Lynda said...

Looks like a fun time. Love your project and her wool bag. Glad you are having such a great visit. Thanks for taking us along!

Robbie said...

I am so far behind in blog reading!!! Glad you are enjoying your time with 'old' buds!!!! love your wool work!!!!!