Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Quotes to the rescue



Those of you who know me in person know that I'm the classic worrywart. Anxiety is something I've grappled with all of my life, although for the most part I can keep it under control. But lately it's been creeping in again, which means it's time to pull out some inspirational quotes!

The first one is on a little quilt that my STITCH friend Karen made. She made each of us a different one for Christmas one year.


The next one, about obstacles and opportunities, is one I have to keep reminding myself of. I tend to always wonder what could go wrong, instead of what can go right. It's the worrier's way of trying to control the future to eliminate things to worry about!

And the Never Forget quote is a good reminder for all of us when we're feeling down.


Also good when you're feeling down or anxious is getting out with friends! I had dinner last night with the Shady Ladies (except for Beth, who is out of town) and had a great time. We talked and laughed for hours. While we were in the restaurant, everyone was getting loud text alerts about flash flood warnings and when we left Barb ran into some flooded streets and Tere got home to discover her power had been out. But we had a great time together!


The next three quotes address living life to its fullest, which will leave no room for anxiety or feeling down. I took the photo on a full moon/sunset hike with a Meetup.com group. Living life to its fullest! Getting out to hike in the dark and meet new people instead of curling up in front of the tv alone for the evening.





And just to keep it real:



Have a colorful day

3 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

Tell me about it....Online dating is the pits for anyone over 50. My daughter and I have both experienced very sad opportunities.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

What a wonderful post, and all the sentiments you shared in it! I love the photo of you and the Shady Ladies... so glad you have made friends there and are doing things together! And your sunset photo is gorgeous, as usual. See you on Zoom!

Robbie said...

Love that last quote! Here's one from Susan Garratt a fantastic dog trainer...but I love her thoughts, which can be applied to a human's daily life:

“Don’t allow anyone to rent space in your head, especially if they’re not paying for it”